Monday, December 22, 2014

Interview Experience- NITIE

Interview @NITIE

Name :- Mayank Bhuwania
Currently I am doing my MBA from NITIE and about to complete it in March 2014. Hope my GD/PI experience would be helpful for you guys.
My Profile –
10th – 81.88%12th – 85.40%Grad – 84.11Work Ex – 22 months in Tata Consultancy ServicesName of the college – NITIE
Group Discussion – Is it time for Sachin Tendulkar to retire. (2 panel members : 1 man, 1 woman)
There were 8 members in our group (We were lucky to have 8 as 2 people did not turn up). We were told that the discussion would be of 12 minutes and were asked to start as soon as someone was ready.
The topic was very easy and so most of the people had many points. As there were less people everybody got a decent chance to speak. I chipped in 3-4 times with my points. After some point of time things even started getting repeated which should be avoided. There was no situation wherein there was a fish market and the panel was happy about that. They even mentioned at the end that we were quite good in maintaining the decorum of the group. After 12 minutes were over we were being asked to summarize. They did not pick any random person from our group as everyone could speak in our gd although they did pick people for other groups.
Interview –
In my interview panel there were 4 members. (all 4 men and different from the gd panel)
I had to wait for around 5-6 hours before my interview and after my gd. My interview went on for around 15 minutes. I guess the panel were quite enervated after whole day of interviews. Though they asked all the basic questions from
1) Why mba
2) Why nitie
3) What specialization do you want to pursue
4) Questions were from my favourite subject from engineering
5) Long term and short term goals
6) The day prior to the interview was the railway budget so questions were there on that and my opinion on the same
7) Questions were on my family background and my role model.
The GD/PI experience was good at NITIE. It is just that you may have to wait the entire day for your chance to come so you need to keep yourself calm and focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment